CAM204 Central Tracking Unit (CTU): 4-channel position sensor controller
CambridgeIC’s Central Tracking Unit (CTU) chip is a single-chip processor for position measurement. It implements the electronic processing for resonant inductive position sensing technology.
For 2-channel applications the newer CAM312 is recommended!
The CTU measures the position of contactless, inductively coupled targets relative to sensors that are built from printed circuit boards to CambridgeIC’s design.
The CTU supports a wide variety of different sensor types, including rotary and linear.
• Resonant inductive position sensing engine
• Fully ratiometric measurements
• Automatic tuning to target frequency
• SPI communications (slave device)
• User IOs for position triggers and sample indicators
• Measures up to 4 sensors
• Can drive external DAC for up to 4 analog outputs
• Internal software upgradable over SPI
• Noise Free Resolution 10…15 bits at typical gap
• Tunes to resonators across ±7% frequency range
• [lt] ±0.1% position change across temperature
|Order Code||Package||Temp.||Package qty.|
|CAM204BE-0003||28-pin SSOP||-40°C to 125°C||tube 47
|CAM204MI||28-pin QFN||-40°C to 85°C|
Standard position target for use with Central Tracking Unit (CTU) and sensor PCB
CAM204 Development Board for up to 4 Type 1 sensors
Rotary Sensor Type 1: 25mm/36mm/50mm
100° Arc Sensor Type 4: R25/30/36/48/68/100mm
Linear Sensor Type 1 Narrow
Product Marketing Engineer
+49(0)5424 2340-57write email